Picking the best humidifier for plants can be tricky.
Humidifiers specifically designed for plants are the most effective way to produce the right atmosphere for hours at a time. Because certain plants require a higher rate of humidity than the natural surroundings, the right humidifier can make a lasting difference in the longevity of an indoor ecosystem. Although they may seem the same, not all plant humidifiers work for every climate.
📚 Article Contents
Why Indoor Water Vapor is Good For Plants
Leafy, sprawling, indoor tropical plants are likely found in rainforests. Because of looming canopies found in jungle atmospheres, moisture is collected organically. The right humidifier will create the specific amount of water vapor that is needed for indoor plant life.
In dry climates, even rainfall will not produce the amount of water vapor needed for accurate humidity. Epiphytes, also known as “air plants”, require water supply from a variety of sources other than just the ground. Without the proper humidity, many of these plants cannot survive even indoors.
The List of The Best Humidifier for Plants
Plant humidifiers have expanded their technology to provide the best indoor atmosphere for a variety of plants. Currently, there are several humidifiers designed for tropical plant life in dry climates.
- Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This humidifier uses an ETL Certified AC Power Adapter, but only weighs 1.35 pounds. It’s known for its ability to instantly dry the air with moisturizer. Because it operates continuously for 25 hours, this can also help with sleeping issues. Many people choose this humidifier because of its sound. It’s quiet enough to leave on for the entire day so that all plants are consistently hydrated.
- Honeywell Black HUL520B Mistmate. For plants that are collected in one space, this humidifier is ideal. It can help herbal life thrive in dry areas throughout the United States and abroad. The Mistmate humidifier provides a cool mist so that it can also be used in bedrooms or personal spaces during warmer times of the year. There is an auto shut-off feature, but it can run for approximately 20 hours at a time. Most Honeywell humidifiers will raise the humidity between 40 and 60%.
- Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier. In contrast to the cool mist options, the warm mist will help combat mold that can form on plant leaves. This particular humidifier is also designed to relieve cough congestion and hydrate the throat and nasal passages. Filters are not necessary and can be used for up to 24 hours. For medium to large areas, this humidifier is ideal for keeping plants healthy.
- LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier. This humidifier is less expensive than many others, but still quietly increases the air’s humidity. The tank weighs approximately 3 pounds and is simple by design. The nozzle easily rotates so that specific plants can benefit from the preferred mist level. This humidifier will be influenced by environmental temperature but is suitable for both plants and humans. The LEVOIT humidifier comes with a cleaning brush, power adapter, and user manual.
- Evergreen Compact Ultrasonic Humidifier. This is one of the most popular portable humidifiers for plants and amphibians. The tank holds up to 2 liters and is easy to assemble and clean. One of the reasons this humidifier is preferred for plants and animals is because it is able to quickly increase humidity. In thirty minutes this humidifier has the potential to increase humidity from 50% to 80%. It can also be used for carnivorous plants.
- Kealive Cool Mist Humidifier. The Kealive humidifier can cover up to 376 square feet for over 24 hours. This makes it one of the longest-running humidifiers on the market. It is also 90% more energy efficient. For targeting specific plants, the nozzle rotates 360 degrees and provides three levels of mist. Tropical plants do especially well with this type of humidifier regardless of the area.
- AIRCARE Aurora Mini Humidifier. As one of the smallest humidifiers available, this is perfect for tight spaces. Although it can fit unobtrusively on a side table, the humidifier still produces adequate moisture for plants and humans. This is an ultrasonic humidifier that atomizes water by using high-frequency oscillation. A unique factor to the humidifier is its tray feature. Essential oils can be used for aromatic purposes.
- GENIANI Smart Aroma Humidifier. This humidifier is ideal for winter. It’s actually a 2-in-1 humidifier with a diffuser that can be used with healing oils. The smart mode keeps humidity levels set with a built-in sensor device. The speed at which moisture is dispersed can be adjusted. The aroma humidifier can cover over 200 square feet with just a 4-liter water tank. Not only is it compact, but it can lower the rate of evapotranspiration in tropical plants.
- Miroco 26dB Ultra Quiet Ultrasonic Humidifier. One of the quietest humidifiers on the market, the Miroco 26dB is designed for sensitive plants. It has multiple adjustable mist settings with a 6-liter tank. This is a heavy-duty humidifier that can last for 60 hours on a full tank. This humidifier is ideal for those who are new to owning plants. It’s easy to clean, requires fewer refills, and is easy to operate.
- Homasy 4.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier. With a 4.5-liter tank, this humidifier is both compact and efficient. Cool mist lasts for up to 30 hours with a sleep mode included. For large rooms with multiple plants, this humidifier provides full coverage. It is rated easy to assemble and is considered relatively quiet even if it’s left on overnight. The Homasy is perfect for tropical plants and herbs.
How To Make The Most Out of a Plant Humidifier
Not all plants need to be misted on a regular basis. Knowing which kind of humidifier works for what type of plant should be considered before purchasing a mister.
Tropical plants do best with a light mist.
Plants with hairy leaves, however, may not need a humidifier at all. A portable humidifier is usually recommended for those who are just starting to grow indoor plants. If a humidifier isn’t necessary for one area, it can always be moved to the bedroom for a good night’s sleep.